The Old Eagle House Society
Douglas Buchanan (Chairman)
THE AIMS OF THE OLD EAGLE HOUSE SOCIETY
The Old Eagle House Society was founded to:
- Further the interests of Eagle House and its past and present members and to keep former pupils and staff in touch with each other and with the school.
These aims are met by the Society undertaking the following principal tasks:
- The society website (oehs.org.uk) which will be continually updated with information about the school and OEHS members. Members’ contributions will also be published.
- Maintenance of a computerised database giving details of all past members of Eagle House including teaching staff.
- To give financial assistance to members who are taking part in a worthwhile gap year venture.
- Organisation of various reunions at Eagle House and other social functions for society members. This includes regional reunions
- The organisation of sporting activities for OEHS members.
- To donate an annual gift to the school.
- Presentation of prizes to current Eagle House pupils for academic, the arts or sporting achievement.
- To contribute annually towards the school’s Tudor House maintenance and development programme
The OEHS is run by a committee made up of a chairman, a treasurer and four committee members, plus ex-officio members - the headmaster, a representative of the governing body and a member of teaching staff.